(Facts about Nobel Laureates)
THE NOBEL PRIZE – An Archive
Alfred Bernhard Nobel, the Swedish inventor and armaments enterpriser felt sheepish for his destructive invention, dynamite. Thus, he autographed a testament on 27 November 1895. As of the testament, 94 percent of his property should be dispensed only for praising the people who maturate science, peace and fraternity in the world. Hence, the Norwegian Nobel committee refutes the great scholars of the world every year 10th December with the Nobel Prize. The prize holds an 18 carat gold medal, a diplomatic document and a sum of money. As of now, 579 Nobel Prizes honors 911 laureates. Let us look at some incredible facts about nobel laureates.
INCREDIBLE FACTS ABOUT NOBEL LAUREATES
FOR ECONOMICS, NO NOBEL
- Since 1968, 48 economists has received their Nobel awards. But, actually they are not Nobles’, as Alfred has not cornered the field of economics in his testament. The Bank of Sweden is the one which makes economists into Nobelists every year.
- In 1937, Le Duc Tho rejected his prize for peace. Boris Pasternak in 1958 and Jean Paul Sartre in 1964 declined their awards for literature.
- The Curie family is the most successful Nobel Prize family ever. Marie Curie along with her husband Pierre Curie shared an award for physics in 1903. In 1911, Marie Curie accepted another for Chemistry. Irene Curie, daughter of Marie, conquered a Nobel award for chemistry along with her husband, Frederic Joliot in 1935. These were some incredible facts about Nobel Laurets – Curie Family.
- The Pakistani Child, Malala Yousufzai (17) , the youngest icon to receive the Nobel Prize, fought against illiteracy and terrorism in Pakistan. The Pakistani terrorists shot Malala once, to disclose their hatred . But still, she fights for change.
- Sir Joseph Rotblat (89) ,the eldest collected the Nobel Prize for raising voice against arming nuclear weapons in the world. These were some unusual , incredible facts about Nobel Laureates.
- The list of nominees for the Nobel awards of each year is kept sealed for about fifty years in-order to avoid touts and publicists. Highly deserved Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of India, nominated four times but remained deceived. Even, the Adolf Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin were nominated for Nobel Prize once.
HIGHEST FEAT OF ILLUSTRATION
- Barry Marshall, the Australian physician drank H. pylori (bacteria) and developed ulcers and thus,he lively demonstrated the causer of ulcers as bacteria.
PROHIBITION FOR NOBEL
- German Journalist Ossietzky, Burmese Politician Suu Kyi and Chinese activist Xiaobo were arrested during the time of awarding Nobel.
- The Adolf Hitler prohibited Kuhn, Butenandt and Domagk of Germany from receiving their awards.
- The Norwegian Nobel committee ceased the practice of Posthumous awarding from 1974. Earlier, two were offered posthumously.
- Swedish poet Karlfeldt for literature in 1931.
- US activist Hammarskjold for peace in 1961.
- 20 percent of the Nobel Laureates are Jews. However, they are only 0.2 percent of the world’s population.
MORE THAN ONE
- Linus Pauling, Cooper, Madame Curie and Sanger received Nobel more than once for their tremendous grants.
- The International Committee of Red Cross and the United Nations High Commission for Refugees were the two organizations which received multiple Nobels’.
Since, Nobels’ lauds and respects noble workers annually tremendous incredibles may occur.
You might want to buy the following books:
So, these were a few of the most incredible facts about Nobel Laureates!
You might also like the following posts:
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram